Tax-Filing for J-1 teachers

The time of year has rolled around for US workers to file income taxes – whether foreign or domestic.

Because the Cordell Hull Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.  We are not experts in income tax filings, either at the Federal or State level.

We have a large section in our orientation manual that offers you many resources to research what income taxes you may be responsible to pay, by filing federal and state forms on April 15 of each year.  You can access the manual on

Also in our FAQs section of the website, we offer access to several forms you may need in order to claim tax exemptions:  Search in the window below:  tax-exempt

The following link explains what a CPA is, a person who has received professional credentials to give you specific tax advice: