Lost or Stolen passport or DS-2019 form

If your passport or DS-2019 form is lost or stolen, don’t panic. The DS-2019 form keeps you in J-1 visa status, and the Cordell Hull Foundation has your record stored in the SEVIS database. We can easily send you a new form. You are still in J-1 teacher status.
Remember, you only need the passport stamp as a “ticket” to get into the United States, so if you are here in the country, you are still in status. See the How to Renew your passport page on this website.
If you are out of the country, you will have to go to the Embassy of your home country to obtain a new passport, and then acquire a new J-1 visa stamp as a ticket to re-enter the US. The Cordell Hull Foundation does not charge you to send a replacement Form DS-2019, but we will charge the school for the Fedex to send it to you.
Simply write to support@cordellhull.net, and we will respond within 24 hours on business days, and sometimes also on weekends.