How do I apply for the CHF Teacher Exchange Program?

If the school, district or state already has met the requirements and set up a J-1 exchange teacher visitor program with the Cordell Hull Foundation … a school may apply via www.cordellhull.netClick on New Exchange Program application.

Answer all questions on the 3-page Cordell Hull Foundation application, insert a scanned passport photo and copy of teaching certification or highest university degree from your home country.  ClickTeacher Exchange Program to upload the CHF Teacher Application Form.  If a pop-up window appears, click on Cancel or press ESC on your keyboard.  Save the file on your computer with your “lastname_CHFapp.”  Write us a cover note in the body of your email (in English, French, or Spanish) and attach the completed form after inserting a digital photo.  If you are not successful in inserting your photo, send it to:

If it is difficult and time-consuming for you to complete the application in English, you may write in French and Spanish.  The majority of CHF programs are French and Spanish language-immersion schools that do not require the degree of fluency in English needed to teach in English.  These schools are staffed with bilingual professionals.  For all other languages, you must complete the CHF teacher application in English.